What is clean beauty?
As such there is no clear definition for clean beauty. There are different ideas and concepts floating around in the beauty industry in recent years where we saw the boom in the consumption of beauty products.
Let’s start from the meaning of clean, which is being free from stains, marks, dirt, pure or uncontaminated. But neither of these words define Clean Beauty.
So, what’s clean Beauty? For us, at L factor Cosmetics Clean beauty is about the products that are infused with nature inspired ingredients which makes your skin as well as the Mother Nature happy. Clean beauty products do not have any harmful chemicals or for that reason the natural ingredients which are not good for you or our planet.
Clean Beauty- the natural ingredients when they work for both the world (you & the mother earth) infused in the Beauty Products.
Some of the ingredients to look out for Clean Beauty Products are :
- Plant Squalene – As it is similar to our own skin oil, it moisturizers skin, soften texture, soothes skin and prevents irritation and helps fade dark spots along with many other benefits.
Hyaluronic Acid – It is responsible for that plump and hydrated look. It also helps in moisturizing, antiaging, wound healing and increases skin elasticity giving it a more youthful appearance.
- Vitamin C – Helps in collagen growth maintaining smooth, even and glow complexion. It helps in reducing hyperpigmentation, redness, sagging, protects from sun damage and promotes collagen production for that youthful look.
Aloe Vera Extract – Acts as a moisturizer, moisturizing the skin without giving it a greasy feel, protects from sun burn, is an anti-aging gel and fights acne.
Goji Berry Extract – It helps to even out skin tone and hyperpigmentation, protects against environmental damages and UV rays, promotes collagen production for youthful – elastic skin, helps skin to retain moisture.
Grape Seed Extract – It is a powerful antioxidant and protects from sun burn and sun damage. Softens and smoothens you skin reducing wrinkles and other signs of aging.
- Menthol Leaf Extract – Acts as a mild astringent that helps in toning the skin naturally. It removes dirt from the pores and revamps the skin to a supple and well hydrated tone. It is also beneficial in blood circulation of skin that prevents wrinkles and fine lines.
- Apricot Oil – It helps to improve skin tone, maintain softness and radiance of the skin. It also nourishes the skin and lowers the appearance of face wrinkles, fine lines and blemishes.
- Argan Oil – Contains fatty acids and vitamin E. Moisturizes skin and protects it from sun damage. Treat acne, heals skin infections, soothes atopic dermatitis and has anti-aging effect.
- Calendula Oil – It is a natural oil extracted from marigold flowers. It soothes inflammation, promotes healing, effectively treats acne, moisturizes skin, acts as sunscreen and boosts collagen production.
- Castor Oil – Contains antioxidants that fight free radicals. It also has antibacterial properties. It helps in reducing puffiness, moisturizing, soothing sunburns and fights dry lips. It promotes overall skin health.
- Coconut Oil – It has antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties. Moisturizes dry skin, reduces inflammation, protects from UVB rays and promotes healing.
- Jojoba Oil – Contains natural forms of Vitamin A, E and Omega-6 fatty acid and is a trusted source of antioxidant. Acts as a skin barrier to retain the skin moisture. Soothes dry skin, treats acne, and is a good makeup remover.
Rosehip Oil – Contains Vitamin A or retinol that encourages skin cell turn over. It helps in hydrating, moisturizing, exfoliating and brightening, firming, anti-inflammatory, skin regenerating and sun damage protecting.
- Rose Mary Oil – As of its potent antibacterial property, it fights acne by removing dirt from the pores. Helps to tighten the skin tone, smoothens out fine lines, removes under-eye bag, reduces inflammation and cellulite.
- Avocado Butter – Excellent source of Vitamin E & C, which help to fight free radicals keeping breakouts at bay and helps to moisturize and smoothen the skin.
Candelilla Wax – It helps in hydrating the skin and clearing parched, scaly skin. It also helps in reducing the dark spots and stretch marks.
Moringa – Rich in Vitamin C which helps in brightening and reduces hyperpigmentation. It hydrates skin, fights fine lines and wrinkles, soothes skin inflammation, balances natural oils in skin and has antimicrobial properties.
Keratin – Is a protein formed by 18 different amino acids, plays an important role in hair growth, hair regeneration and hair strengthen. It also helps in strong moisturizing and enhanced skin elasticity below the skin layer.
Pro- Vitamin B5 – Protects the skin barrier and helps the skin to retain it moisturize level while improving its softness and elasticity. Natural skin barrier repair.
Shea Butter – Works like an Emollient by boosting skin moisturize and its inflammatory properties soothes skin. Due to its high concentration of Vitamin E, it is a potent skin brightener and smoothens skin with suppleness.
- Tucuma Butter - Serves as a wonderful moisturizer, it is easy absorbed into the deeper layers of skin, doesn’t clog the pores and forms the film that protects the skin from dehydration. promotes collagen and elastin production, improves skin elasticity and suppleness, eliminates the fine lines and wrinkles, makes skin look beautiful and radiant.
- Vitamin E – Moisturizers skin and prevents from losing it, protects cell from damage and softens skin. Acts as antioxidants and protects skin from sun damage.
What is Conscious Beauty?
As we have become more mindful about the product consumption, the word Conscious Beauty has been doing rounds in the Industry for last few years but there is no set of definition, but It’s about applying a more thoughtful approach to our beauty routine by taking a closer look at a brand’s core belief and actions.
The companies that keep the need of the people and the planet first falls under the umbrella of Conscious Beauty. However, many believe to focus on the following six impacts of the brand when it comes to Conscious Beauty- Inclusivity, sustainability, sourcing, transparency, impact and brand story.
Here, we stand for all inclusive which means from the involvement of selecting, manufacturing to selling the products the brand includes all irrespective of gender, races, cultures, sexual orientations, body types, ages and abilities. The brand L Factor Cosmetics believes in this inclusivity and that is the reason they have a mantra of “makeup for everyone” as they are lovers of everyone on this planet and the planet.
There is a different meaning of sustainability for different brands, but majorly it’s about the choice of ingredients and packaging. People are conscious about using products with recycled, reusable or refillable packaging causing less damage, reducing waste and their impact on the environment.
For ingredients brands are consciously moving towards natural and organic plant-based formulation in place of chemicals reducing the water waste in the process of manufacturing.
Ethical Sourcing of Ingredients
This means to source the vegan ingredients from anywhere on the Globe by their natives to harvest them. This helps in providing the livelihood to the natives of that ingredient and also the uncontaminated form of the ingredient. At L factor Cosmetics, the ingredients are sourced from all over the globe very selectively through sources which are a representative of their natives.
As the consumer has become more conscious of the products they use, the demand in transparency has raised in the last few years. When it comes to each product we use, we want to know who makes it, what it does, when it was made, where the ingredients come from, and why the brand created it. Some brands have started sharing answers to these questions on their website to encourage free-flowing communication.
Cosmetic brand L factor New York recently rolled out a new initiative that takes transparency to the next level. You'll find in-depth information about pricing, ingredients, and materials on each product page. This allows their customers to know about their product's date of production, country of origin, ingredient certifications, and more about the ingredients in the container.
A conscious consumer looks out for the brands that make an impact outside their industry like on society, planet or animals to name a few. Some brands have committed to making a difference by using their platform to amplify causes connected to their values.
Sharda Yadav, the founder of L Factor New York has launched an initiative for child education irrespective of girl or a boy as soon as she launched the brand, incorporating it in the brand DNA from the beginning. As she believes in an educated child is the future of humanity. Along with child education L factor Cosmetics also support tree plantation and stray animal relief for which they are associated with different NGO’s.
As an intelligent consumer, they want to understand the brand in depth beyond their products and do not want to support a brand with no purpose or personality. When a founder's reason for starting their brand resonates with us, it allows us to establish a connection that extends beyond the products. We prefer to champion brands that fulfil an undeniable need in beauty and have a sincere founder at the helm.
There are many beauty companies that are established with an emotional affinity. Take, Happiness skincare, for instance. The brand was born out of Sharda’s daughter struggles with several skin conditions (like acne and rashes). After noticing the lack of inclusivity in the chronic skincare category, Sharda was inspired to create the brand she desired growing up.. The brand combines science-backed products with result oriented ethically sourced ingredients to ensure its customers feel seen and appreciated.