Kajal, also known as kohl, surma, or collyrium, is a traditional eye cosmetic that enhances the beauty and health of the eyes. It can be applied in different ways to create various looks, from simple to dramatic. In this article, we will share some tips and tricks on how to apply kajal like a pro.
Choose the Right Kajal for Your Eye Color and Skin Tone
There are many shades and types of kajal available in the market, such as pencil, liquid, gel, powder, or cream. You can also opt for colorful kajal to add some fun and flair to your eye makeup. Generally, black kajal suits all eye colors and skin tones, but you can experiment with other colors like brown, blue, green, or purple to match your outfit or mood. Some factors to consider while choosing a kajal are
The texture and formula of the kajal: You should choose a kajal that glides smoothly on your eyes and does not tug or irritate them. You should also look for a kajal that is smudge-proof, waterproof, and long-lasting.
The shape and size of the kajal: You should choose a kajal that is easy to hold and apply. You can go for a retractable or a sharpenable kajal, depending on your preference. You should also choose a kajal that has a fine or a thick tip, depending on the look you want to create.
The ingredients and safety of the kajal: You should choose a kajal that is made of natural and organic ingredients and does not contain any harmful chemicals or preservatives. You should also check the expiry date and the seal of the kajal before buying it. (Buy Vitamin E Kajal)
Prep Your Eyes Before Applying Kajal
Before applying kajal, you should prepare your eyes to ensure a smooth and flawless application. Here are some steps to follow:
- Cleanse your eyes with a gentle eye makeup remover and moisturize the area around your eyes with an eye cream. This will help to prevent the kajal from smudging or fading throughout the day.
- Apply a primer or a concealer on your eyelids and under your eyes to create a smooth and even base for the kajal. This will also help to hide any dark circles, blemishes, or pigmentation on your eyes.
- Set the primer or the concealer with a compact or a loose powder to make the kajal last longer and avoid creasing.
Apply Kajal on Your Waterline and Lash Line
The waterline is the inner rim of your eye, where your lashes meet your eye. The lash line is the outer edge of your eye, where your lashes grow. To apply kajal on your waterline and lash line, follow these steps:
- Gently pull down your lower lid with your finger and glide the kajal along the waterline from the inner corner to the outer corner of your eye. Repeat the same on your upper waterline by gently lifting your upper lid with your finger.
- Draw a thin or thick line along the lash line from the inner corner to the outer corner of your eye. You can also extend the line slightly beyond the outer corner to create a winged or cat-eye effect.
- If you are using a pencil kajal, make sure to sharpen it before applying to get a precise and clean line. If you are using a liquid, gel, or powder kajal, make sure to remove any excess product from the wand or the brush before applying to avoid clumping or smearing.
Smudge or Blend the Kajal for a Smokey Look
If you want to create a smokey eye look with kajal, you can smudge or blend the kajal on your lash line with a brush or your finger. Here are some tips to follow:
- Use small and gentle strokes to diffuse the kajal and create a soft and smoky effect. You can also use a cotton bud or a tissue to smudge the kajal.
- Apply some eyeshadow on your eyelids and crease to add more depth and dimension to your smokey eye look. You can choose a neutral, dark, or metallic eyeshadow, depending on the occasion and your mood.
- Blend the eyeshadow and the kajal well to avoid any harsh lines or patches.
Curl Your Lashes and Apply Mascara
To finish off your kajal eye makeup, curl your lashes with an eyelash curler and apply one or two coats of mascara on your upper and lower lashes. This will make your eyes look more open and defined. Here are some tips to follow:
- Curl your lashes before applying mascara to avoid clumping or breaking your lashes.
- Wiggle the mascara wand from the roots to the tips of your lashes to coat them evenly and separate them.
- Use a waterproof and volumizing mascara to make your lashes look fuller and longer.
Apply Some Highlighter on Your Brow Bone and Inner Corner of Your Eye
To add some glow and sparkle to your eye makeup, apply some highlighter on your brow bone and inner corner of your eye. This will also help to brighten and lift your eyes. Here are some tips to follow:
- Choose a highlighter that matches your skin tone and complements your kajal color. You can use a powder, liquid, or cream highlighter, depending on your preference.
- Use a small brush or your finger to dab the highlighter on your brow bone and inner corner of your eye. Blend it well to avoid any harsh lines or patches.
- You can also use a shimmery eyeshadow or a glitter liner to highlight your eyes.
FAQs Regarding How to Apply Kajal
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers regarding how to apply kajal:
Q: How to prevent kajal from smudging or fading?
A: To prevent kajal from smudging or fading, you should use a smudge-proof and waterproof kajal, apply a primer or a concealer on your eyes before applying kajal, set the kajal with a powder or an eyeshadow, and avoid rubbing or touching your eyes.
Q: How to remove kajal from your eyes?
A: To remove kajal from your eyes, you should use a gentle eye makeup remover and a cotton pad or a tissue. Soak the cotton pad or the tissue with the eye makeup remover and gently wipe your eyes from the inner corner to the outer corner. Repeat until all the kajal is removed. You can also use a micellar water, an oil, or a cleanser to remove kajal from your eyes.
Q: How to apply kajal for different eye shapes?
A: To apply kajal for different eye shapes, you should follow these guidelines:
For round eyes, apply kajal on the outer half of your upper and lower lash line and extend it slightly beyond the outer corner to create a winged effect. This will make your eyes look more elongated and almond-shaped.
For almond eyes, apply kajal on the entire upper and lower lash line and smudge it slightly to create a smokey effect. This will make your eyes look more defined and sultry.
For hooded eyes, apply kajal on the upper lash line and create a thick line that goes beyond the crease. This will make your eyes look more open and lifted.
For small eyes, apply kajal on the upper lash line and a thin line on the lower lash line. Avoid applying kajal on the waterline as this will make your eyes look smaller. You can also use a white or a nude kajal on the waterline to make your eyes look bigger and brighter.
For big eyes, apply kajal on the waterline and a thick line on the upper and lower lash line. This will make your eyes look more balanced and proportionate. You can also use a dark or a colorful kajal to make your eyes look more dramatic and captivating.
Q: What is the best type of kajal for big eyes?
A: The best type of kajal for big eyes is a retractable pencil kajal or a pot kajal that offers a smooth and precise line. You can use a dark color of kajal such as black or brown to create a contrast with your eye color and make them pop. You can also use a winged eyeliner or a cat-eye look with kajal to elongate your eyes and make them look more almond-shaped.
Q: What is the best type of kajal for small eyes?
A: The best type of kajal for small eyes is a liquid eyeliner or a gel format kajal that offers a thin and defined line. You can use a light color of kajal such as white or beige to create an illusion of bigger and more open eyes. You can also use a curling mascara or false eyelashes with kajal to enhance your lashes and make your eyes look more awake.
Q: What are some of the benefits of using L Factor New York All Day Kajal?
A: L Factor New York All Day Kajal is our signature product that every woman needs in her makeup kit. It is a creamy and smooth kajal pencil that glides on your eyes effortlessly and gives them a bold and intense color. It is perfect for creating a classic kohl look or a smokey eye look. Some of the benefits of using L Factor New York All Day Kajal are:
- It is made with natural ingredients such as almond oil, castor oil, and vitamin E that nourish and protect your eyes.
- It is vegan, cruelty-free, and paraben-free, which means it is safe for your skin and the environment.
- It is smudge-proof and waterproof, which means it lasts for up to 12 hours without fading or transferring.
- It comes in two shades: black and brown, which suit any skin tone, mood, and style.
Thank you for reading this blog post. I hope you enjoyed it and learned something new. If you want to try our L Factor New York All Day Kajal or any of our other eye makeup products, you can shop online at our website and get a special discount on your first order. Trust us, once you try our products, you will never go back to any other brand.